Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, Ottawa Chamberfest brings together the boldest names in ensemble and solo performance for musical celebration in the nation’s capital, through its concert series, CEE: Community Engagement and Education, and its summer festival. The world’s largest festival of its kind, Ottawa Chamberfest is a 2019 Festivals and Events (FEO) Ontario “Top 100” and winner of seven consecutive Lieutenant Governor’s Awards for the Arts.
The Volunteer Coordinator (VC) is responsible for the overall management of the volunteer program including recruiting, screening, managing and training. The VC directly manages volunteers and provides guidance, support, resources and tools to those who supervise volunteers. The VC administers and reviews policies and procedures which guide the volunteer program. The VC works both in an office environment and in nonstandard workplaces; the VC’s schedule will be as needed, including some evenings and weekends. The work is full time April through September and part-time October through March. Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidates who hold a valid driver’s license.
The Volunteer Coordinator shall demonstrate a high level of competence in:
- Understanding ethical behavior
- Building relationships
- Communicating effectively in writing and orally
- Creativity and innovation
- Fostering teamwork
- Leading Decision-making
- Use a variety of recruiting methods such as networking, advertising, social media, local media, and community meetings to recruit volunteers
- Screen volunteers, including interviewing candidates and verifying references
- Develop and implement an intake and interview protocol for potential volunteers to ensure the best match between the skills, qualifications and interests of the volunteers and the needs of Ottawa Chamberfest
- Create schedules as required, with input and direction from Chamberfest staff colleagues
- Responsible for coordinating and leading volunteer orientations and training sessions
- Ensure that volunteers work in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
- Be the primary contact for volunteers and ensure that volunteers receive the appropriate level of supervision
- Ensure that volunteers are acknowledged and rewarded for their dedication and effort
- Ensure that the volunteer benefits program is administered
- Create reports as required including regular status up-dates and a final event report
We offer competitive compensation, a stimulating and collaborative work environment, and one of the most thrilling behind-the-scenes live-music experiences Ottawa offers.
If this opportunity excites you, please apply, with a detailed resume, at least two references, and cover letter that indicates your compensation expectations and describes how your experience relates to the qualifications we seek, to: Peter MacDonald General Manager Ottawa Chamberfest 4 Florence Street, Suite 201, Ottawa ON K2P 0W7 E: pmacdonald (at) chamberfest.com Deadline: Sunday, April 21, 2019, 8:00 pm. Absolutely no telephone calls, please.