Contract position: full-time, 1 year, Maternity Leave
Hours: 5 days per week, approx. 37.5 hours per week
Salary range: $43,000 to $46,000/year
Start Date: February 2019
Arts Network Ottawa knows how the arts build strong communities. For more than 30 years, we continue to collaborate with communities to promote the creative, social and economic benefits of local arts. We provide an informed voice for a bilingual network of artists, cultural workers and arts organizations across the Ottawa region. As an arts service organization, we are an essential connection to opportunities, resources, programs and partnerships that advance careers and the sustainability of Ottawa’s arts community.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager responds to the needs of Arts Network’s membership and the Ottawa arts community through ongoing programs, special projects, and events. With an emphasis on strong relationship building, the Manager works with a variety of stakeholders to steward, develop, and expand Arts Network’s programs and to build strategic relationships to support the Ottawa arts community and Network members.
- Manages Arts Network Ottawa programs
- Implements membership development
- Act as a catalyst to link artists, arts organizations and arts businesses throughout the City of Ottawa and the region
- Implement strategic projects and partnerships
- Develops event/activity plans, critical path and budget for each event/program
- Develop and coordinate professional development workshops for artists and arts organizations
- Works with the Development and Marketing Manager to implement marketing and promotion of events and programs
- Manages the creative development process for existing and new events and programs, including jury processes
- University or College Degree or Diploma with related field of study or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management, relationship management (fundraising, sales, events, communications, membership services) for non-profit organizations (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Capable of working independently and a commitment to a team environment
This position requires:
- A passion for and knowledge of the local Ottawa arts community
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities, meet deadlines and complete projects on budget
- Strong people skills with good judgment and diplomacy and the ability to work with staff, volunteers, and donors
- Friendly and approachable, strong networking and relationship building skills
- Self-reliant computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Evening and weekend work are required from time to time
Assets to this position would be:
- Strong communication skills in both official languages (oral and written)
- Social media expertise
- Experience working for an association/member-driven organization
For more information about Arts Network Ottawa: www.artsnetottawa.ca.
To apply please send your résumé, cover letter and include three professional references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Arts Network Ottawa, 245 Centrum Blvd., Suite 260, Ottawa, ON K1E 0A1 – Attention: Executive Director.
Closing date: February 11, 2019
Arts Network Ottawa is an equal opportunity employer with a main office at the Shenkman Arts Centre. Our work is guided by these principles: respect for artists, integrity, inclusiveness, engagement and collaboration. Individuals from under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.