Permanent position: Full-time
Hours: 5 days per week, approx. 37.5 hours per week
Salary range: $37,000 – $40,000
Start Date: February 2019
Arts Network Ottawa knows how the arts build strong communities. For more than 30 years, we continue to collaborate with communities to promote the creative, social and economic benefits of local arts. We provide an informed voice for a bilingual network of artists, cultural workers and arts organizations across the Ottawa region. As an arts service organization, we are an essential connection to opportunities, resources, programs and partnerships that advance careers and the sustainability of Ottawa’s arts community.
The Marketing Coordinator implements the day-to-day communications activities under the direction of the Development and Marketing Manager. They ensure the effective delivery of marketing and public relations outreach to audiences, in both official languages, as identified by the communications plan and as set out by the workplan.
The Coordinator implements a range of activities including the development of sponsorship and donor campaigns, donor stewardship programs, fundraising and membership events.
- Develop and distribute marketing materials and provide marketing support for Arts Network activities, including: membership, ongoing programming, special projects, collaborations, donor recognition and other initiatives as required
- Ensure a relevant online and social media presence
- University Degree or College Diploma, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in marketing, preferably for non-profit organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills in English with a working knowledge of French (oral and written)
- Knowledge of the cultural community and creative industries activities
- Experience writing online, newsletters, media releases, brochures, and e-marketing
- Experience in public relations delivery and working with the media
- Ability to conduct surveys and provide analysis; ability to interpret results from industry research
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to produce marketing materials, from generating a creative brief to the final product
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks to timely and effective completion
- Strong teamwork and relationship building skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong people skills and the ability to work with staff, volunteers, press, donors and members of the Network.
- Ability to respect deadlines and budgets
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule. Willing to work some evenings and weekends as required.
Assets to this position would be:
- Strong communication skills in both official languages (oral and written)
- Experience working for an association/member-driven organization
For more information about Arts Network Ottawa: www.artsnetottawa.ca.
To apply please send your résumé, cover letter and include three professional references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Arts Network Ottawa, 245 Centrum Blvd., Suite 260, Ottawa, ON K1E 0A1 Attention: Executive Director.
Closing date: February 11, 2019
Arts Network Ottawa is an equal opportunity employer with a main office at the Shenkman Arts Centre. Our work is guided by these principles: respect for artists, integrity, inclusiveness, engagement and collaboration. Individuals from under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.