NEW JOB POSTING: Marketing and Development Coordinator
Permanent position: Full-time
Hours: 5 days per week, approx. 37.5 hours per week
Salary range: $37,000 – $40,000
Start Date: May 2019
Arts Network Ottawa / Réseau des arts d’Ottawa knows how the arts build strong communities. For more than 30 years, we continue to collaborate with communities to promote the creative, social and economic benefits of local arts. We provide an informed voice for a bilingual network of artists, cultural workers and arts organizations across the Ottawa region. As an arts service organization, we are an essential connection to opportunities, resources, programs and partnerships that advance careers and the sustainability of Ottawa’s arts community.
In this exciting new role, the Marketing and Development Coordinator will implement the day-to-day marketing and development activities under the direction of the Manager, Marketing and Development. The Coordinator ensures the effective delivery of marketing, public relations, donor and member outreach and corporate communications to audiences, in both official languages, as identified in the Long-term Fundraising Plan, the Marketing and Communications Plan and programming needs set out in individual project work plans.
The Coordinator also implements a range of activities including the development of sponsorship and donor campaigns, donor stewardship programs, fundraising and membership events.
– Under the direction of the Manager, develop and distribute marketing materials and provide marketing support for Arts Network activities, including: membership, ongoing programming, special projects, collaborations, donor recognition and other initiatives as required
– Development and distribution of corporate communication pieces including, but not limited, to annual reports, membership brochures and promotional needs, Exhibition Space promotional materials
– Ensures a relevant social media presence
– Ensures updated and fresh content for member e-communications and website
University Degree or College Diploma, or equivalent work experience
– Minimum 2 years’ experience in marketing, preferably for non-profit organizations
– Masterful use of WordPress, Adobe Illustrator, social media and Microsoft Office Suite
– Extreme attention to details
– Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks to effective completion, respectful of deadlines and budgets
– Demonstrated experience producing marketing materials and taking a project from concept to print
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Strong communication skills in English with a working knowledge of French (oral and written)
– Experience writing online, newsletters, media releases, brochures, and e-marketing
– Ability to conduct surveys and provide analysis; ability to interpret results from industry research
– Strong teamwork and relationship building skills
– Strong people skills and the ability to work with staff, volunteers, press, donors and members of the Network
– Excellent organizational skills
ASSETS TO THIS POSITIONS:
– Experience working for an association/member-driven organization
– Knowledge of, or interest in, the cultural community and creative industries activities
– Experience in public relations and working with the media
– Photography skills
– Ability to have a flexible work schedule. Willing to work some evenings and weekends as required.
For more information about Arts Network Ottawa: www.artsnetottawa.ca.and visit us on social media @artsnetottawa
To apply please send your résumé, cover letter and include three professional references by e-mail to info(at)artsnetottawa.ca or by mail to Arts Network Ottawa, 245 Centrum Blvd., Suite 260, Ottawa, ON K1E 0A1 Attention: General Manager
Closing date: April 30th, 2019
Arts Network Ottawa / Réseau des arts d’Ottawa is an equal opportunity employer with a main office at the Shenkman Arts Centre. Our work is guided by these principles: respect for artists, integrity, inclusiveness, engagement and collaboration. Individuals from under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.