Job Posting: Marketing and Development Coordinator
Permanent position: Full-time
Hours: 5 days per week, approx. 37.5 hours per week
Salary range: $37,000 – $40,000
Start Date: As soon as possible
Arts Network Ottawa knows how the arts build strong communities. For more than 30 years, we continue to collaborate with communities to promote the creative, social and economic benefits of local arts. We provide an informed voice for a bilingual network of artists, cultural workers and arts organizations across the Ottawa region. As an arts service organization, we are an essential connection to opportunities, resources, programs and partnerships that advance careers and the sustainability of Ottawa’s arts community.
The Marketing and Development Coordinator implements the day-to-day communication, marketing and development activities under the direction of the Manager, Marketing and Development. They ensure the effective delivery of marketing and public relations outreach to audiences, in both official languages, as identified by the marketing and development plan and as set out by the work plan.
The Marketing and Development Coordinator implements a range of activities including the creation of sponsorship materials, donor campaigns, donor stewardship programs, fundraising and membership events.
- Develop and distribute marketing materials and provide marketing support for Arts Network activities, including: membership, ongoing programming, special projects, collaborations, donor recognition and other initiatives as required
- Produce reports, sponsorship booklets, and donor solicitation materials as required
- Ensure a relevant online and social media presence
- University Degree or College Diploma, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in marketing, preferably for non-profit organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills in both official languages (oral and written)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp and Survey Monkey
- Ability to produce marketing materials, from generating a creative brief to the final product
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks to timely and effective completion
- Strong teamwork and relationship building skills
- Experience writing on-line for websites and blogs, newsletters, media releases and brochures
- Ability to conduct surveys and provide analysis; ability to interpret results from industry research
- Highly proficient with social media and knowing your audience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong people skills and the ability to work with staff, volunteers, press, donors and members of the Network
- Ability to respect deadlines and budget
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule. Willing to work some evenings and weekends as required
- Knowledge of the cultural community and creative industries activities
Assets to this position would be:
- Experience working for an association/member-driven organization
- Direct fundraising experience
- Experience in public relations delivery and working with the media
For more information about Arts Network Ottawa: www.artsnetottawa.ca and visit us on social media @artsnetottawa
To apply please send your résumé, cover letter and include three professional references by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to Arts Network Ottawa, 245 Centrum Blvd., Suite 260, Ottawa, ON K1E 0A1 Attention: General Manager
If selected for an interview, please be prepared to present samples of your work.
Closing date: Friday December 6, 2019
Arts Network Ottawa is an equal opportunity employer with a main office at the Shenkman Arts Centre. Our work is guided by these principles: respect for artists, integrity, inclusiveness, engagement and collaboration. Individuals from under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.