Permanent, part-time position, approximately 20 hours/week, flexible
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Career Level: Some experience necessary
Application Deadline: January 4, 2019
The mandate of Ottawa StoryTellers (OST) is to 1) promote the art of storytelling in the National Capital Region and beyond; 2) nurture and inspire both beginning and experienced storytellers; and 3) provide, to tellers and listeners of all ages, opportunities to share and enjoy stories.
The Artistic Manager is Ottawa Storytellers’ public face and the behind-the-scenes engine of the organization. We are looking for a dynamic team player who understands the range of possibilities offered by the art of storytelling, and who brings her/his many artistic and administrative talents to help Ottawa StoryTellers fund, stage, and publicize high quality performances.
This position is responsible to the board of directors and works in partnership with the Business Manager.
- Ability to work in a volunteer-driven arts organization
- Artistic vision and ability to find and stage talented storytellers
- Ability to design, write, and disseminate attractive, persuasive promotional materials, particularly on-line
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and integrating multiple tasks
- Excellent time-management and communication skills
Artistic direction and event management: Engage tellers and lead or contribute to the artistic excellence of professional-calibre productions in OST’s Signature Series. Manage logistics and other production-related requirements.
Financial management: Compile support material for grants, work with fundraising team to seek funding sources, help prepare grant proposals and reports, and maintain good relationships with funders
Communication, Publicity and Marketing: lead marketing activities and serve as OST’s ‘public face’ as required
- Salary: $20,000 (20 hours/week), 2 weeks of vacation included
- Benefits: EI and CPP
- Shared office located in downtown Ottawa
- Flexibility in work scheduling. As some activities will require more hours than others during the year, some weeks may require more than 20 hours. The excess hours can be made up in reduced hours during lighter weeks. Must be able to work some nights and weekends. Own transportation a plus.
- Occasional paid travel, g., conference or festival attendance in search of new talent
- Reasonable amount of independence
Application information: Please e-mail resumé and cover letter, including three references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will acknowledge receipt for all applicants. Candidates we wish to interview will be contacted directly.
For more info on Ottawa StoryTellers, see our website www.ottawastorytellers.ca
Application deadline: January 4, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Interviews: Week of January 7, 2019
Start Date: Fourth week of January (to include training).