Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, Ottawa Chamberfest brings together the boldest names in ensemble and solo performance for musical celebration in the nation’s capital, through its concert series, CEE: Community Engagement and Education, and its summer festival. The world’s largest festival of its kind, Ottawa Chamberfest is a 2019 Festivals and Events (FEO) Ontario “Top 100” and winner of seven consecutive Lieutenant Governor’s Awards for the Arts.
The Artistic Administrative Assistant (AAA) reports to the Artistic Administrator as part of the Production Department and works at various times with nearly every member of the Chamberfest team. The AAA plays a vital role in organizing data, facilitating workflows and maintaining good order on (primarily) artistic-related activities, including directing seasonal workers in various related duties.
General Support of Artistic Administration
- Ensures that all artists’ contracts are executed and files maintained
- Assists in developing and coordinating the scheduling of events with artists, venues, technicians, suppliers and others, as required for each concert including the preparation and scheduling of both offsite and venue related rehearsals
- Communicates information regarding sound check/rehearsal/concert times to musicians and to the Production Manager
- Oversees and coordinates artists’ travel and accommodations and related schedule changes and itineraries
- Works with Finance assisting with preparation and where required, delivery of artists’ payments
- Researches and obtains all necessary materials for use in promotional and programmatic materials
- Coordinates and organizes all aspects of artist and Chamberfest merchandise prior to the festival, whether it is done internally or by an outside contractor, with the goal of providing excellent service to artists and patrons
Other related duties
- Participates in administrative functions related to events and communications planning and other Chamberfest activities, as required
- Coordinates with other staff members, oversees accuracy of data entry and reporting with the central database program Artifax Event
- Assists in the execution of all Chamberfest events including direct customer service placement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Interest in classical music and in particular, the art of the small ensemble
- Highly developed organizational skills, ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, is essential
- Can multi-task efficiently with superior attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills
- Proven negotiation, communication and interpersonal abilities vital; ability to work successfully with teams
- Sensitivity to customer needs
- Able to accurately process financial transactions
- Computer/software skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software; knowledge of SQL is an asset
- A driver’s license and clean driving abstract are assets
- Fluency in both French and English (oral and written) will be considered a strong asset
This position requires non-standard availability to serve the needs of a busy arts organization. It is a part-time or contract position with work done from Chamberfest headquarters and in event venues around the region.
We offer competitive compensation, a stimulating and collaborative work environment, and one of the most thrilling behind-the-scenes live-music experiences Ottawa offers.
If this opportunity excites you, please apply, with a detailed resume, at least two references, and cover letter that indicates your compensation expectations and describes how your experience relates to the qualifications we seek, to: Peter MacDonald General Manager Ottawa Chamberfest 4 Florence Street, Suite 201, Ottawa ON K2P 0W7 E: pmacdonald (at) chamberfest.com