Arts Network Ottawa is a bilingual, multidisciplinary service organization actively working in the community to champion the arts in the Ottawa region. A thriving arts scene creates community that people want to live in -one where ideas, talents and cultures are celebrated, and identities are shared. Serving the arts in the Ottawa region, Arts Network Ottawa builds relationships to generate greater awareness of the value of the arts and to strengthen our local arts sector.
Job Posting: Administrative Assistant
Permanent position: Full-time
Hours: 5 days per week, approx. 37.5 hours per week
Salary range: $35,000 – $37,000
Start Date: July 2019
The Administrative Assistant supports the Arts Network Ottawa members, donors, sponsors and Arts Network Ottawa team. Reporting to the Executive Director/ General Manager the Administrative Assistant will consistently promote and provide efficiencies at the office level; with an emphasis on strong relationship building including responsibilities in administration, membership management, fundraising and sponsorship, Board of Directors support and IT.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in administration, office management or related experience, relationship management (fundraising, communications, membership services) for non-profit organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid communications skills, fluent verbal and written proficiency in both official languages.
- Strong people skills and the ability to adapt and work with others.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of databases and fundraising activities.
- Passionate about members / customer service.
- Passionate about the Arts and Cultural community.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively in a busy team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks to timely and effective completion.
- Ability to respect deadlines and work under pressure.
- Energetic and engaging.
- Exercise good judgment and diplomacy.
For more information about Arts Network Ottawa: www.artsnetottawa.ca
To apply please send your résumé, cover letter and include three professional references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Arts Network Ottawa, 245 Centrum Blvd., Suite 260, Ottawa, ON K1E 0A1 Attention: General Manager
Closing date: July 2, 2019
Arts Network Ottawa is an equal opportunity employer with a main office at the Shenkman Arts Centre. Our work is guided by these principles: respect for artists, integrity, inclusiveness, engagement and collaboration. Individuals from under-represented communities are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.