DEADLINE: Friday, May 31, 2019. Complete Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on the deadline date.
The ARTicipate Project Grants Program enhances artistic activity at the Shenkman Arts Centre by supporting high quality programming in all disciplines through grants awarded to local artists and arts organizations that will be presenting or exhibiting their work at the Shenkman Arts Centre.
Specifically, the ARTicipate Project Grant Program supports:
- Presentation and exhibition of high quality artistic work in the Shenkman Arts Centre
- Local artists and arts organizations of all levels and disciplines
- Access to Shenkman Arts Centre spaces to non-resident artists and arts organizations
- English, French and bilingual artistic activities in the Shenkman Arts Centre
- Collaborative projects involving more than one artist and/or arts organization.
IMPORTANT! Please read carefully.
It is important for all applicants to carefully review the ARTicipate Project Grant Guidelines before completing the application. Use the guidelines as a reference when completing the application. The ARTicipate Grant Guidelines can be found online at: Guidelines PDF
Fill out the application form completely; answer all questions and provide all necessary documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Label all support material as outlined in this application. It is important for assessors to see examples of your work to properly evaluate your submission.
Check the deadline date carefully. Late applications will not be considered.
Effective support material plays an important role in the assessment of applications. Support material gives the evaluators an indication of the artistic merit of your work and provides documentation of your proposed and past activities. Test all materials to ensure readability.
Submit only the support material that demonstrates your, the collective’s or the group’s artistic accomplishments, and choose accomplishments related to the proposed project. Visual art applicants must provide digital images of a minimum of 3 pieces that will be in their proposed exhibition. Music projects must provide an audio (or video with audio) recording of their work.
All support material must: be properly labelled, have a short description of the contents (including explanatory notes on the pertinence of the material to the proposed project), follow acceptable material specifications, and not exceed specified quantities.
Submit a maximum 10 total items of audiovisual support material from the list below
- Video: Provide Link for YouTube, Vimeo, etc.; label each video clip with title, performers, artist name and year; max 3 minutes.
- Digital images: .jpg file format; Each image labeled with title, artist name, year and medium.
- Sound/Music recordings: Provide Link for YouTube, Vimeo, etc.; label each track with title, performers, musicians, composers and year; max 3 minutes.
- Paper-based material (press clippings, manuscripts, selected texts, publications, programs, invitations, brochures texts): PDF or .jpg file format; label each with applicant name and source of document, maximum 2 pages.
*One attachment only per field
Please contact Danielle Savoie during regular business hours with any questions you may have concerning your application or your project’s eligibility prior to applying:
Danielle Savoie, Membership and Program Coordinator
ARTicipate Endowment Fund
Arts Network Ottawa
Shenkman Arts Centre
245 Centrum Blvd, Suite 260
Ottawa, ON K1E 0A1
www.articipate.ca / artsnetottawa.ca
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please complete this form in one session when you are ready to submit it. This form cannot be saved and returned to at a later time. It is recommended that you complete your application answers in a word processing program and save it before completing this form online.